Thursday, February 24, 2011

Let the Journey Begin.....


On Caleb's first birthday, I knew I was pregnant (didnt take the test and tell chad until a few days later, but I knew). Now that Colby has turned one, we are expecting again!  I'm not pregnant this time though...we are adopting!  Chad and I decided a few months ago to adopt, to take God's command to care for the orphans seriously and bring home a baby that needs a family.  Well it took a few months of research and prayer to figure out how and where, but we've put in application and we are on the path to get a baby from Ethiopia.  More to come on why Ethiopia and how our hearts were led here.  We are excited about this and hope you join us in praying for our baby.
"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."
James 1:27

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chad, Kristin!!! That is SOOOO AMAZING!!! I am so happy for y'all and soooo excited to meet my littlest new neighbor :) We will be praying for y'all throughout this journey. So happy for you!

Nicole said...

We are so excited for you guys!! And will certainly be keeping you in our prayers!